GCVS launched their Paid Work Placements programme in June this year. They invited public, voluntary, and private organisations to apply and host work placements. Here at Glasgow Wood, we’re looking for someone to join us as a Yard & Retail Assistant!
Are you confident you could join our yard & retail team to help support and develop our sales? Know someone who might be interested? Check out the job description for our paid work placement below, complete the application form and share with anyone who you think might be well suited!
Glasgow City Council is funding this paid work placement programme, and it’s running in partnership with Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, Enable Scotland, CEMVO Scotland, and Move On. Together, they’re aiming to provide valuable workplace experience to 90 Glasgow residents who facing barriers to employment. Every appointee will also be paid the Real Living Wage.
Take a look at the other opportunities which include jobs in Administration, Driving, Support Work, Catering, Social Media, Warehousing, Marketing and more.
Job Description: Retail & Yard Assistant (REF: 33929)
To assist the organisation in providing a friendly retail and customer facing experience. To support the growth of customer sales across the organisation by assisting in the processing of sales and the displaying of goods for sale.
- To assist with providing a quality retail service
- To help with customer enquires
- To support the retail and workshop staff in managing stock and customer orders
- To contribute to the day to day facilities management; e.g. recycling, storage of waste and materials and general housekeeping
- Be willing to undertake training for career and organisational development
- Be fully committed to the values of GWR
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Though experience is preferred it is not required as training will be given on the job
- Hopefully candidates will be computer literate and have reasonable communication skills.
- A friendly attitude and a willingness to learn is important.
Wage £10.90 per hour, paid monthly
Hours 21 hours per week
Duration 26-week placement
To be eligible for this Paid Work Placement, participants must be:
- Aged 16 – 67
- Have barriers to employment, such as having a disability, being in a racialised group, being a care leaver, having criminal convictions, being a lone parent, being homeless and having no or limited work experience.
(This list is not definitive, as we know there are many barriers.)
- Glasgow City Council resident
- Right to work in the UK
To apply to this paid work placement, please download and complete the application form.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com directly.
View the vacancy on the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce website.